The following are some resources to support your grassroots organizing for safe patient limits!
Here is petition to support safe patient limits and join the Nurses of PA contact list:
- Click here to view the online petition at nursesofpa.org/petition.
- Click here to download a paper petition to have people sign in person.
- Contact us at email@example.com to share your ideas, ask questions, and help organizing events in your area!
- Check out our 6 Step Guide to Meet Your Legislator here!
- Share your story. Our most powerful tool we have as nurses is to share our stories about why this matters with each other, with the public, and with politicians. It’s time to break the silence. If you want to help contribute nurse stories for our emails, social media, or other public outreach, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to send us letters, videos, whatever you want people to know about why safe patient limits is important to you (just don’t violate HIPAA or talk about your employer specifically!).
- As a statewide movement, we hold a lot of meetings and trainings over video conference, and we generally use the app Zoom, which you can click here to download. Click here for our guide to joining a Zoom video call.
Safe Patient Limits for Nursing Homes:
- Nursing home and hospitals are regulated differently under the law, so our path to safe patient limits will look different! We took a lot of time to figure out the best policy path to safe patient limits in nursing homes, and we have just launched our campaign, so we’ll be working on developing more resources on this fight to fill out this section.
- Our eight page lobby visit packet with tools for you and materials to give to legislators has the demands we have for nursing home staffing, what we’re asking them to do, who we are, and evidence on why safe patient limits will work and save lives. Click here to download and print the lobby visit packet.
- Our petition also now has our demands for staffing in nursing homes which you can read, sign, and share here.
Safe Patient Limits for Hospitals:
- Our eight page lobby visit packet with tools for you and materials to give to legislators has the bill numbers, what we’re asking for, who we are, and evidence on why safe patient limits will work and save lives. Click here to download and print the lobby visit packet.