The following are some resources to support your grassroots organizing for safe staffing!
Safe Staffing for Nursing Homes:
- Nursing home and hospitals are regulated differently under the law, so our path to staffing will look different!
- Our petition also now has our demands for staffing in nursing homes which you can read, sign, and share here.
Safe Staffing for Hospitals:
- Here’s our 2016 Breaking Point Report, which surveyed 1,000 Pennsylvania nurses on the state of staffing, burnout, and turnover in Pennsylvania, and found based on Pennsylvania Department of Labor reports, our survey, and nursing school graduation trends that Pennsylvania does not have a nursing shortage. We have a shortage of nurses willing work under current conditions.
- Here’s a two-page summary of some of the research on the link between staffing ratios, patient mortality, costs, and the nursing workforce.
- Here’s an extensive list of research resources from NursesTakeDC.